Friday, July 25, 2008

Reflections

These images were taken in early 2007, I think. An installation artist named Dale Chihuly, whose medium is glass, set up in Fairchild Tropical Botanic Garden that winter. It was wild, seeing these amazing glass images set among all the natural elements of the Garden, as if they grew there. Or flew there. Or floated in.

I shot 3 sd cards-worth of photos, most of which probably don't do them justice. Unfortunately, I was stupid back then and resized them all, making them virtually useless for any purpose other than occasionally running through them myself. And sharing with you. Which I will continue to do, from time to time. They still look better when you click on them.



If you look closely at the "equator" of this one, what initially looks like a flaw, is actually a reflection of the pool wall and several people standing there. If you look very closely, you'll see me, leaning in to take the picture!

I've got a million of 'em.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=1f14b0e02a4db68a0cdb077acb6cfbcb