Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Oooo, Dreamweaver

Sing with me now: Dreamweaver, I believe you can get me through the niiiight.....



Okay, fine. Don't sing. I won't be offended.

This is the Spiny-Backed Orb-Weaver spider. They apparently come in various colorations, and are pretty common around the southern U.S., but this is the variety I generally see in my yard. FYI - they're completely harmless to people and other living things - except other insects, that is.

You absolutely have to click on these pix! I think they're cool. Don't you?

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

GAH!!!!!!

I HATE THESE GUYS!!!! They totally squee me out. They are right up there with lubbers in the realm of nightmare creatures from my childhood.

AND I WAS STUPID ENOUGH TO CLICK THE LINK!!!!

RJ Flamingo said...

Wuss!

Rambling Woods said...

Very cool spider..better at your house though

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=1f14b0e02a4db68a0cdb077acb6cfbcb