Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Waiter, There's A Damsel In My Soup

I recently told someone that I had never seen a damselfly before, and even if I had, like the dragonflies, I doubted if one would hold still long enough for me to take a picture of it. And then...

Right? Look at the face on that critter!

P.S. - I bow to Michelle's superior knowledge that this is a dragonfly, not a damselfly. I was going to ask her first, but I guess I was under the impression that if it was blue, then it must be a damselfly. Oh, well. I guess I still haven't seen one. I still think it's the coolest dragonfly I've ever seen. And I really like the title of my post, so I'm not changing it. :-)

4 comments:

Daisy said...

I am a little bit scairt of those things. I don't know why!

Rambling Woods said...

That is a great catch of a dragonfly. I love them and there is nothing to be afraid of unless you are a tiny bug that they regard as prey..

New Rambling Woods Site

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous photo. It almost looks like a damsel, doesn't it?

Cathy said...

Great capture!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=1f14b0e02a4db68a0cdb077acb6cfbcb