Friday, July 31, 2009

PhotoHunt: Entertainment

The PhotoHunt theme this week is "Entertainment"

Tough theme, this week. I started thinking about what I've been doing for "entertainment" lately, and it came to me. Do you remember one of last month's topics, "Creamy"? Well, this is how it turned out:


Plain Guilt-Free Cheesecake

Over the last month, I've been working on low(er) fat, low(er) sugar cheesecakes, suitable to serve my husband, who was diagnosed with Type 2 Diabetes, back at the end of March.


Guilt-Free Chocolate Marble Cheesecake

First, I'm delighted to tell you that, as of this writing, MJ has lost 50 pounds, his blood sugar has dropped below the magic "diabetes" line, and the doctor has cut his medication in half. He'll test again in another 3 months, and we're keeping our fingers crossed that the improvement continues.

Some of you asked for the recipe for the cheesecake when I got it to where I want it, because either you or loved ones have the same issue, or you'd just like to eat a little healthier without sacrificing foods you love. I've published these recipes on my other blog, Flamingo Musings, with notes, tips, and tricks. The recipe for the plain Guilt-Free Cheesecake is here. My post on the Guilt-Free Chocolate Marble Cheesecake is here.

My Cheesecake Recipe is featured on Cheesecake-Recipes.org

That's the other thing - the Chocolate Marble Cheesecake was chosen to be featured on Cheesecake-Recipes.org! You can find the complete recipe by clicking that green badge.

And that, boys and girls, is what I've been doing for "entertainment"!



21 comments:

YTSL said...

Losing 50 pounds when doing such as eating such delicious looking foods? Amazing!!!

julie said...

Those look so yummy! Woot, woot!

Unknown said...

wow, losing 50 lbs is no joke! i can't even lose 5 lbs.:P i admire your husband's determination and your dedication in preparing yummy but healthy desserts.

candi said...

Sounds like my type of entertainment! Wow! It looks great. I'll have to go check out your recipe.

Thanks for stopping by and happy weekend!

Anonymous said...

What a great way to keep yourself entertained and also stay healthy. I may be pilfering some of those recipes - when I get back from my holiday I am going on serious antioxidant/get fit/lose weight regimen.

life ramblings said...

these look delish and i think i put on 10 pounds just looking at them. :)

jams o donnell said...

They look utterly delicious! Have a great weekend

Liz Hinds said...

Good and useful entertainment! Your husband has done incredibly well in a short time. You must be doing a great job of feeding him.

eastcoastlife said...

I will copy the recipe for Marble Cheesecake from you. It looks delicious. And I hope not to gain weight eating it. :)

Teena in Toronto said...

Looks yum-mee!

I played too :)

gengen said...

Oh my goodness that's a yummy food love to eat....Mine is up also...

Alice Audrey said...

You realize you're making me fell like a slacker.

Congrats on the feature!

Rebecca Mecomber said...

Ohhh that looks sooooo good.

Mine is up, too. Have a great weekend!

Mrs. Mecomber
New York Traveler.net

The Florida Furkids said...

That's a super entertainment post - Mom is drooling on the keyboard.

Sniffie and the Florida Furkids

Sandi @the WhistleStop Cafe said...

i am hooking up to Mr McLinky too~ yea!

Daisy said...

I would like to nom, nom, nom some of that!

Congratulations to your husband on his weight loss. That's a great accomplishment.

CherryPie said...

Oh my! The thought of all that is great entertainment but no good for my diet ;-)

Unknown said...

Yummy! It's hard to believe that something that looks that good could help someone lose 50 pounds or that it could be really guilt-free. I'll have to check out the recipes.

http://blondesherry.blogspot.com/2009/08/ph-entertainment.html

MJ said...

Well PinkFlam I didn't get mine done this week but I must say I am off to check out the recipe for the choc marble one right now...yum yum.
DElish!
x

Leslie said...

Yummo for this week! Great photos! :)

Carver said...

Food looks great. Perfect for the theme.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=1f14b0e02a4db68a0cdb077acb6cfbcb