Thursday, January 22, 2009

Lemons



We can now buy and grow citrus trees in our backyards again, just like the olden days! I'll tell you a little secret, though: I've planted them in big pots. Just in case the Citrus Canker Nazis rear their ugly heads again. I figure I can hide the little beggars till the revenooers go away. Shhh! Don't tell anybody...

This is my Ponderosa Lemon. It's supposed to make lemons the size of something between a baseball and a softball. So far, it's given us one. But it's in bloom again, and maybe we'll start getting them regularly. I hope. Have you seen the price of lemons at the store?!?

2 comments:

Daisy said...

What a neat series of photos! I don't think I ever knew exactly how a lemon started growing before.

Anonymous said...

I didn't know what a lemon tree looked like either...smart to grow them in pots...

Blog Widget by LinkWithin
 
ss_blog_claim=1f14b0e02a4db68a0cdb077acb6cfbcb